Paid hunts in Virginia?

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious of the paid private land detecting deals in Virginia. The one I looked at was $350 for a weekend. I'm assuming a weekend? Has Anybody done something like that? Know if its worth the money? I love the civil war stuff but finding stuff from then in southwest Indiana is not common. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thank

Upvote 0

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your talking about the DIV hunts. A lot of good finds come from those hunts. You meet a lot of people and learn a lot. Of course their booked up for the next one I think.

OP
OP
sheep

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bluehunter, I didn't get too deep into dates. I was thinking about planning a trip to take my dad early next spring or so. If good finds come from them ill really look into it. I had no idea if they were possibly hunted out and it was a crap shoot or what. That's a long drive and alot of cash for nothing ya know.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Go to The treasure spot forum and look for "DIV" or Digging in Virginia. I have been to several and always have a great time digging civil war relics. I don't find tons of stuff but enjoy the experience.

OP
OP
sheep

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
Go to The treasure spot forum and look for "DIV" or Digging in Virginia. I have been to several and always have a great time digging civil war relics. I don't find tons of stuff but enjoy the experience.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I missed even a chance for the spring hunt there. I'll keep looking though.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The DIV hunts are awesome. I have found some of my best finds at these hunts. And it is $250 not $350 and is very well worth it. You hunt on property that is on a battlefield and most cases is off limits to metal detecting except for this hunt. I would encourage anyone who loves hunting civil war relics to attend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread