F2 - Miss a lot of targets?

Boom box

Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of getting a metal detector and hear a lot of good things about the F2 but am afraid that as soon as I get it I'm going to want to get a better one. Do you feel it picks up most targets or are you missing things that other detectors would have hit on?

Basically is this thing good enough to be my one and only or is it more like the girl you have fun with on the weekends till you meet that special someone?

Upvote 0

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha.....kinda like women....it depends on how picky you are. They don't have to be pretty or have a lot of junk to be a dependable life-long partner. I am as guilty as anyone in that I always want the ultimate detector. In reality you will probably find anything that the the high dollar detectors will find 90% of the time. Much easier learning curve on F2 and great all-around machine. Played with one a little and think it is the machine I am going to get for my daughter who is 18. I think the really complicated machines can discourage a new hunter with all the settings. It is nice to just turn it on and hunt with confidence it will find the good stuff. Be prepared to dig a lot of trash with any machine but you will get better at identifying it the more you hunt. Make sure you get some good quality headphones. The fisher machine has 2 tones but you will learn that the tones vary depending on what it is and depth. A good deep coin sounds like a good deep coin not just a high tone. Hard to tell the difference without the headphones. Just my 2 cents.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread