Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2008

different frequency detectors

Can different frequency detectors detect near each other w/o interference?

mainly if 3 of us have:

ACE 350, AT Pro and AT Gold..... can we detect near each other or will they throw interference?

i used to have an ace 250 and my son had a cheap detector and we had to stay like 10 feet apart lol

us
    Apr 2010
    NC
    Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
    62 times
    Relic Hunting
    I've hunted side by side with other detectorists using VLF detectors without any trouble. I've hunted side by side with another AT Pro with no interference and neither adjusted frequencies. Now, put that AT Pro near a pulse induction machine like a Minelab GPX or Garrett Infinium and somebody will complain about interference. I can't hunt within 30+ feet of a PI machine with my AT Pro.
    Dwight S
    Anyone up for some Dirt Fishin?

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9431 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I got interference on my Whites, Troy, and Minelabs from other detectors which is why I bought a detector with a freq shifter for competition hunts. Garrett 150, 250 and 350 were the worst for the interference...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2111 times
    The AT Pro's can hunt near each other if nether of them is on the same freq. Not all detectors are set up on the same freq and due to manufacturing some can be a little off Just like we were created equal, but some of us are a little off too. PI detectors put out many freq at the same time so the cross talk is more.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1260 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    It will depend on the frequencies involved. Many detectors have the ability to change frequencies if this is a problem. There is an easy way to tell.... try it.

us
    Nov 2008
    thanks for the reply's... as far as 'try it'... well only have 1 of them so far .. in the market for 2 more .... i know the freq on all 3 i listed i different which is why i posed the question........ besides the AT Pro/AT Gold.... also considering Etrac and Tesoro Vaquero (although i'm wondering if the Vaquero would make 1 dig way too much trash)

us
    Nov 2008
    only have the 350 at the moment fwiw

Sponsors