different frequency detectors

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've hunted side by side with other detectorists using VLF detectors without any trouble. I've hunted side by side with another AT Pro with no interference and neither adjusted frequencies. Now, put that AT Pro near a pulse induction machine like a Minelab GPX or Garrett Infinium and somebody will complain about interference. I can't hunt within 30+ feet of a PI machine with my AT Pro.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got interference on my Whites, Troy, and Minelabs from other detectors which is why I bought a detector with a freq shifter for competition hunts. Garrett 150, 250 and 350 were the worst for the interference...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro's can hunt near each other if nether of them is on the same freq. Not all detectors are set up on the same freq and due to manufacturing some can be a little off Just like we were created equal, but some of us are a little off too. PI detectors put out many freq at the same time so the cross talk is more.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the frequencies involved. Many detectors have the ability to change frequencies if this is a problem. There is an easy way to tell.... try it.

OP
OP
G

grampa

Nov 27, 2008
thanks for the reply's... as far as 'try it'... well only have 1 of them so far .. in the market for 2 more .... i know the freq on all 3 i listed i different which is why i posed the question........ besides the AT Pro/AT Gold.... also considering Etrac and Tesoro Vaquero (although i'm wondering if the Vaquero would make 1 dig way too much trash)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread