timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to detect an old home site property a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 days off of work, so this morning I figured lets get out there and dig. There's not a house there anymore, and the property owner told me I could go out there whenever I want. I think I may have a good dig site. I was only out for 3 hours today, and I found these 2 pieces of history.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    483.7 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what the chain is, maybe an old pocket watch clip? It's marked sterling on the inside of the claspe, and it has an ornate design on the front of it. The picture doesn't show it all too well, but a neat little piece. I wouldn't doubt if it's older than the dime. I got a really good signal on the chain, both were at least 6 inches deep.
I'm probably going to go back again this week. Only a few weeks of good detecting weather left, gotta hit it before the snow!

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice the old stuff is sweet finds. From the picture it first appeared to me to be a set of nail clippers on that chain. What ever it is the quality is there, unlike todays junk. Con grats

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jersey Ben how much do you think the chain is worth? It's in decent shape. But a very dark tone from oxidizing. I've never seen one like it before.
The dime is in kind of poor shape but ill take it! Thanks guys

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzley,
It's not nail clippers. But I can see why you would think it from the pic. Some sort of a clip with a nice lightly etched or engraving on it. Can't see the design in the pic

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some old silver indeed! Congrats on the great finds. I agree that you should be hitting this place as much as possible before winter sets in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions