Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures or it didnt happen!!! LoL.

Jokes aside,Great job guys! No idea why there were so many quarters because you left the location undisclosed, Without area info i could speculate a thousand different reasons there were so many quarters! i.e. Remnants of a childs piggy bank after a house fire,Quarter toss at a state fair,Bank loss after a flood, etc etc etc. No matter the reason though,Get out there and get the rest.

HH John.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit a park,ball field,actually 3, 5 days a week for 2 months.Ended up with 634 quarters,four of which were Silver3 Washingtons ,and a Barber,7 Silver dimes,3 Rosies,3 Mercs,and a Seated,total take so far 25,10,5,1 cent_____ $216.26,oh ya,1 Silver ring and TO MANY PULLTABS!!!I quess the old timers gave up when the Silver ran low,shoot,the day I give up I'll be 6 foot under.:laughing7: God Bless Chris

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bassmaster said:
Me and Dale32 took our MDs out to a disclosed location yesterday. It started out average, a few dimes, pennies, quarters. Then out of no where we hit the jackpot. In about 15 minutes we found a total of 98 quarters! Can't wait to go back. Why do you think there were than many quarters there? Any similar experiences?

Not with quarters but the other day I got 65 dimes and 57 nickels all from a 20 ft area

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

.... Why do you think there were than many quarters there? Any similar experiences?

lucky-thirteen John is right: w/o a little more clue as to the type of site you were hunting, no one's going to have an answer to this.

But here's one (again, would depend on the site): I heard of a couple of guys who got to hit a sand volley-ball court behind some old university frat houses. They got something like 200 quarters in the space of just an hour or two, while getting much fewer dimes, pennies, etc... Just mostly quarters, as fast as they could dig in this sand. They figured it out later, when the realized that college students had this drinking game during parties, called "quarters". I don't know how it's played, but it has some sort of dare that.... you have to slam a beer each time you fail to get a certain toss or game or something to do with the quarters. Guess I was a nerd in college, 'cuz I never played this game , haha

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright I'll probably have to kill you after telling you this but we went to a boat landing. There is an area up on a hill with a few volleyball courts and picnic tables up by this huge pavilion. We had checked the volleyball courts, and found a substantial amount of coins. But near the road, about 20 yards from the pavilion, is where the action happened. They were all just under the grass, didn't even touch my trowel the whole time. Even just scooted around on my knees with my pinpointer and picked up a few.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
another possibility, is if there was a tree-branch above the spot, is the ethnic mexican thing (am I allowed to say that here?) of "pinatas". Here where I'm at in CA, we have a lot of emmigrants from down south (d/t they follow the agriculture, and we're close to the border, etc....). Some of them have an interesting cultural thing they do with pinatas for the kids: Not only are those pinata stuffed with candy, but sometimes it's a custom to stuff them with coins. The idea being: when the pinata finally busts open, the coins go sprawling the ground (or grass as the case may be), and the kids get to scurry around on all-fours picking them up as fast as possible. As such, a friend of mine who ran into a few of these spots (at a county park in my area where a lot of those "fiestas" went on), encountered some spots under prominent branches, where he'd litterally be on his knees for an hour picking up coins within the grass. He didn't say if they were "quarters" or not though, but .... who knows.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the site is large enough a possible festival location. Possible concession stand?

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably a concession stand, maybe a spilled coin purse at the counter

Top Member Reactions