Aside from Tesoro,Are there any other MD manf. who offer a lifetime warranty?

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The title pretty much says it all,Aside from tesoro,Are there any other metal detector brands that offer a limited lifetime warranty? Ive had the chance to use a couple different tesoro machines but i just cant do without an LCD screen and having a few different choices in tones. May be a stupid question but Tesoro is the only machine with a warranty that extends beyond five years that i am aware of.Your input will be greatly appreciated!!

HH John

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. Tesoro is it in the world of metal detecting.

When I hear folks say they can't detect without a "screen," I lick my chops. To me that means they won't be digging the gold rings I seek, because their machine will swear it is a pulltab. Of course, that is just my opinion, and has no bearing on anyone else's reality. :occasion14:

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason i like the screen is because the Omega 8000 has a decent iron/foil range and the TID also has a bar graph as well as a number scale,You can make mental notes between the two when digging a new site and be almost confident in what you will be digging after the first couple of targets, I can set disc to 16 and not hit all the square nails n such in trashy sites but still get all the worth digging iron targets,Its really nothing to do with the type of hunting i do,It just helps ALOT when working trashy areas. The number of tones combine with the LCD features on a detector is a must for me.Its nothing against tesoro,I honestly think they are great machines,Just not designed to meet my personal preferences in the field.

HH John

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I hear folks say they can't detect without a "screen," I lick my chops. To me that means they won't be digging the gold rings I seek, because their machine will swear it is a pulltab. Of course, that is just my opinion, and has no bearing on anyone else's reality. :occasion14:

Thanks for your input terry, I was fairly confident tesoro was the only company with the LLT warranty,But still had to ask.
HH John

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish some of the other big hitters would put that kind of warranty on theirs. Says a lot about Tesoro's confidence in their machines and quality. Would gladly pay a little more for the same warranty on some of the competitors machines. I love fisher, and whites, but......sure makes a person look harder at Tesoro. If they would do a better screen and multiple tones the others would be in a pickle.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish some of the other big hitters would put that kind of warranty on theirs. Says a lot about Tesoro's confidence in their machines and quality. Would gladly pay a little more for the same warranty on some of the competitors machines. I love fisher, and whites, but......sure makes a person look harder at Tesoro. If they would do a better screen and multiple tones the others would be in a pickle.:icon_thumleft:

I couldnt have said it any better myself!!

L

lost hunter

Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage
due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage
due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
... Well i guess if you are going to abuse your detector and not take care of it .... Why should they fix it for free because of your careless handling of your detector ?????

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:

I second that Terry..very true!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread