Public

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently got the Bounty Hunter Gold Digger. I live in a apartment so that's the only place I can detect except on weekends. I feel so weird/stupid/different digging in the dirt and grass. If anybody passes by they look at me funny and say stuff. I don't feel good about this. Any advice on what I can do?

ForumRunner_20121024_173642.png

Upvote 0

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Petro88 said:
Yup. I just started and I only detected at night at a park by my house. The park is very well groomed and I afraid people will get upset when they see me dig. Even though I take great care not to leave any signs that I was there.

Yeah. The people that look at me think I'm going to leave holes.

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It will go away you will be digging all kinds of go stuff, just get out there see if there are old houses that you can hunt. You will find some cool stuff and will have lot's of fun doing it. Good luck and look forward to your posting up your finds. HH

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I hunt I wear dark sunglasses and headphones. The reason is with the dak sunglasses they can't see my eyes but I can still keep an eye on them and when I have headphones on they can't tell if I can hear them or not. I've had people walk right up next to me and if I don't feel like talking or they make a rude passing comment I just ignore them and they go away. If people don't say anything I can't guess what is in ther mind so I don't really care anymore. Dress comfortable,respectfull and you'll blend right in. Good luck.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get one of those rubber politician masks (the Nixon one might be a good choice) then put it on and start digging that treasure...have fun!

peace,
cc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread