Bringing MD in Baggage when Travel Oversea

F

fahrenheit

I was thinking about bringing my MD oversea to Asia the next time I travel. I want to take it apart and place it in my luggage with my clothes and stuffs.

Have you heard anything about bringing your MD with you oversea when you travel?

Or should I call the travel agent and check??

Where I am going it will be consider a 3rd world country. The people there probably have seen MD for detecting land mines and not gold jewelries. :o

Just want to get your thoughts on this. I mean I hate to have my MD confiscated or denial at that country's airport.

thank you.

Fahrenheit

Upvote 0
A

aramis

Hi.
I have lived and worked throughout south east Asia for the past thirty or so years, and we have taken equipment in by hand and on vessels for treasure hunting purposes. There is no guarantee no matter where you go, especially Malaysia, Singapore, or particularly Indonesia, that you will be allowed to walk in undisturbed. Singapore will generally not bother you, and if they do, they can not be bribed (don't even think about it) Malaysia generally don't bother you, we've taken all sorts of stuff across the border at Johore Baru even Bauer Capitano's in the back seat and 99% of the time they couldn't care less. However if you should get stopped at customs and the officer show particular instance, there's no harm in offering him $20.00 "coffee money" . At least if he says no, they don't get pissed off. Australia, no troubles at all bringing in such an item period. Indonesia, if they search you and show interest in such an item, definitely offer them $20 "coffee money" and they should just pass you through. These remedies are not guaranteed but I have used the "coffee money" in Indonesia for a variety of reasons and find it works well. Best I can say. Good luck mate.
Aramis

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
When I flew to Germany, I carried it on the plane, in a carrier like a gun case. I opened it immediately to show what it was. They were good enough to keep it up front so no one would get excited. It made the trip with no problems. I was afraid to put it in my luggage. Might be dropped or destroyed or lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread