The Real Deal?

D

DeepThought

I'm a bit concerned my new Trk IV's depth is lacking, so already have been looking at alternatives. Catch is there seems to be a lot of snake oil out there: VDI machines such as the ACE 250 add a display that is subjective (though pretty). Tesoro seems to maintain the "no frills" with more depth. In fact I was looking at the Tesoro Silver uMax and realized it shares much of the Trkr IV features...except Tone ID - which appears to be the strongest feature. Through it all....I don't see a lot of game-changers out there. Fernando Lamas?

Upvote 0

Dbersh

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with the Tracker IV and it is a great little machine to learn on (at least for me) and I pulled plenty of clad with it and with it determined it was a hobby I definitely wanted to pursue. I then went with the Minelab Xterra 705 and have been very happy with the results and increased depth. In fairness to the IV I didn't use it long enough to really fine tune it and use it to its potential....there are a lot of good machines out there in every price range, and depending on the type of hunting you do will certainly steer you to the type of machine you should consider. Several sponsors are more than willing to discuss and help you. Good luck with your research and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread