Please help!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The notifications are on the threads you posted on, you need to go to the thread in Treasurenet eithet via your phone or pc to read them.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep gettin too after I unsuscribe to the thread, and I keep gettin a pop up on my phone satin that I got a message from someone that was 3 days ago

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dholland02 said:
I keep gettin too after I unsuscribe to the thread, and I keep gettin a pop up on my phone satin that I got a message from someone that was 3 days ago

That's exactly what I have going on too! Any ideas as to why?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notifications are sent from a third party, there is an issue with it on the IPhone, TN admins have advised them and they are working on the issue..... There is a post on it on the TN phone ap thread....

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Notifications are sent from a third party, there is an issue with it on the IPhone, TN admins have advised them and they are working on the issue..... There is a post on it on the TN phone ap thread....

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from Tejaas' IPhone

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm about to get an I Phone this week (4 for free w/2yr contract or 4s for $99 w/2yr thru Verizon from suck Sprint. Not sure which yet). My first smartphone, reluctantly though. Should I hold off on opening app, or what ever it is I have to do get in and enjoy, till this is fixed?
Thanks
Ray

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am having the same issue. I would not let it keep you from getting the app and using it. It will get fixed and (at least for me) it's about a 4 out of 10 on the annoying scale right now. It's very handy app to have.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still getting random push notifcations Sayin I received a private message from Bart at big boy hobbies. That was like 4 days ago I talked to him about a detector.

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The official response from the third-party that provides this mobile app is the following:

We’re currently working on both fixes for iOS6 and iPhone 5 and getting them though QA for verification. The issue with users receiving spam/delayed notifications is high on this list of issues to get resolved. We hope to have all of these issues resolved in the near future. We’re sorry for the slowness of the updates regarding these issues.
Please note that Hurricane Sandy may present issues in getting the updates out; Rob is located in an area affected by the storm.

"Rob" is the original creator of the app, and I guess the only one able to correct the issue. We are hopeful that Rob is safe. However we are also disappointed that the parent company "InternetBrands" is not able to assign other personel to help in his absence.

For any users that this has been extremely annoying for, you may be better off uninstalling the app until the problem is corrected, then reinstalling it. There is a setting within the app to disable notifications, however reports are that this setting is ignored with this bug.

Dbersh

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For any users that this has been extremely annoying for, you may be better off uninstalling the app until the problem is corrected, then reinstalling it. There is a setting within the app to disable notifications, however reports are that this setting is ignored with this bug.

This is what I ended up doing. I thought it was me and some unknown notification turn off option I was not aware of. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, it is a good useful app otherwise..

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have my i-phone friday or saturday. How will I know its fixed before I install, Admin?
I want to use it on road trip next 10 days.
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions