Noob Looking To Replace MXT Pro (maybe)

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the MXT Pro except for the weight. After a couple of hours swinging it around fatigue set in. I like the relative simplicity of the unit and appreciate that I don't have to through menu after menu. I also have an Eclipse 5.3 coil and that's much better on the forearm than the 950. Problem is I don't want to use the 5.3 all the time. I've understand that the 10" D2 coil is suppose to be pretty light but is it noticeably lighter than the Eclipse 950? Might be an option.

What other machines do you feel fit the same bill as an MXT Pro that don't have the weight?
T2, F75 & X-Terra 705 are some that I had in mind but dunno know about all the menu options. Do you have to fiddle with several settings before you can get down to business or are they pretty simple to get up and running?
My detecting is mainly coin & jewelry. We don't have much salt water here in Wisconsin but I would like a machine that could handle it for when I do go on vacations.

What say you?

Thx

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT paired with the D2 coil is awesome on the deep old coins, my arm got used to the weight after a while and its very well balanced. With the D2 coil I can get dimes at 10"+, I like those deep faint wisper signals as thats usually the good old silver. I wouldn't trade my MXT for any other detector, the D2 coil takes the MXT to another level and is a deep coin killer. HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the F75 is my main detector. Uses 4 "aa" battery's. Back-light led, and will find the goodies. It has a handful of modes, and Im still learning most of em. It looks good, and came with a small 5" coil also for trashy areas. No matter which coils you use, it is stupid deep. It does have problems around running AC's and electric lines. Switching between the two main modes is easy. I cant post the depth as folks would call me a liar. The learning curve is a little high, but worth it. I run the older F75 with out the power boost program. You still have to fiddle with the settings, but the factory preset does a good job also. I find this a little too much for some hunts and getting a AT Pro for the wife next summer. The AT Pro does about what the F75 does, and is waterproof. The AT Pro is about half the cost of the F75. Both will get the job done. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread