Long island how long will the beaches be closed?

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, I to went to the Beach and was ture a way ! But in time we all can go back to the beach. Sanddigger from Brentwood , New York.

Oct 30, 2012
Seaford
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
l keep checking the roads daily and still all blocked off. I'm tempted to take my bicycle and see if I can make it. I just dont want to get into trouble. Seaford here!!!

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
StormShadowPab said:
l keep checking the roads daily and still all blocked off. I'm tempted to take my bicycle and see if I can make it. I just dont want to get into trouble. Seaford here!!!

They opened sunken meadow and a believe montauk is all good. I too thought about getting to jones. There is a way.. Wantagh park is open, you can cross the canal not deep but still need waders and walk it, Bicycle path is still closed and that is where one might get you. I don't see anything wrong with doing it the wantagh park way. I might try it on Monday, I have the time and could use the exercise.

North massapequa here

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They opened sunken meadow and a believe montauk is all good. I too thought about getting to jones. There is a way.. Wantagh park is open, you can cross the canal not deep but still need waders and walk it, Bicycle path is still closed and that is where one might get you. I don't see anything wrong with doing it the wantagh park way. I might try it on Monday, I have the time and could use the exercise.
North massapequa here

Be careful. Doing something like that alone is dangerous. If you make it to the beach you'll be easy to see by any ranger patrolling it. You could lose your permit, and pay a hefty fine. Hope it's worth it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful. Doing something like that alone is dangerous. If you make it to the beach you'll be easy to see by any ranger patrolling it. You could lose your permit, and pay a hefty fine. Hope it's worth it.
You in New York need a permit to hunt the beach? Why would anyone care if someone digs in the sand?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You in New York need a permit to hunt the beach? Why would anyone care if someone digs in the sand?

Bummer right? Jones and Robert Moses are State Parks, and require a $40 annual permit to metal detect. New York City beaches and parks also require a permit but at least it is still free.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you take little Johnny and Susie down to the beach, they have to have a permit to use a pail and scoop to build a sand castle?? If not, why do they get a free pass and you have to pay to do essentially the same thing? You guys need to get your detecting clubs together and fight that sort of extortion. Either that or change your state name to New Yorkistan.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So if you take little Johnny and Susie down to the beach, they have to have a permit to use a pail and scoop to build a sand castle?? If not, why do they get a free pass and you have to pay to do essentially the same thing? You guys need to get your detecting clubs together and fight that sort of extortion. Either that or change your state name to New Yorkistan.

Enjoy your "Free" beaches as long as you can. More and more states, cities and counties are requiring permits for all types of "recreational" activities. Your Next! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:

Ill wear sandy camouflage.

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They finally opened wantagh and meadowbrook for access to field 2. I will see if they already plowed the sands, they prob. did.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll see you out there tomorrow morning!

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
I'll see you out there tomorrow morning!

This is how I started my morning.
Woke up at 5am. Made it to field 4 around 6:30. Oh ****, I forgot my sand scoop pole.
Drove home, got the pole and went back, southern state traffic building up.
Made it to field 2 again, got all geared up, ready to go, so excited. Took out the detachable sand scoop pole, but what the hell are boots doing in the bag I thought my sand scooper was in. Man..... Back home, hit traffic again and started my jouney at 8am.

Change everywhere, it was fun though. Too much time went by since the storm. Going back in the morning and will walk as Far East as my aching legs will take me

Ill post pics tomorrow, too lazy. HH

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much change found i wont even bother posting it, just throwing it in a jar. Here are some interesting finds. I found them where the dunes are no more and away from any field.

2012-11-19_20-26-08_93.jpg 2012-11-19_20-25-50_310.jpg
BUTTON.jpg

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dime was my first. Weird to find it on a beach

dime.jpg

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s.

That button (17) i am so puzzled by it. I did some research and thought i hit the big one
History | @stuartgh (Plectic Ltd) (scroll down)

but the shape of the numbers are a bit off. It took me 15 minutes to find this thing, my machine was buzzing like crazy and this button is as small as a pea.

If anybody knows or has seen this before please let me know. thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, and congrat's on the Silver Dime! :occasion14:

qtdivergirl

Greenie
Nov 19, 2012
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Pulse and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well at least you have beaches to hunt.. NJ has been wiped out

I got my metal detector the weekend before Hurricane Sandy and I can't take it anywhere because a lot of the NJ beaches are closed. My sister lives in Manasquan and she said that Sea Girt beach is open - also heard Wildwood and Cape may are open. I'm going to Sea Girt Thanksgiving morning

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread