Future feature on metal detectors

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Question:
What do you think is going to be the next new feature the Metal detector has to offer??? Is is going to be enabled with GPS services... a helmet with video and audio and probably night vision... What do you think is next or if their is someone who knows please tell.... and how much is it going to cost is the million dollar question... Thanks I really like this forum and all it has helped me with and all the good people here too, yea even you onionhead.... just kidding i think here recently you have been a real inspiration to all of us old and new.....KEEP IT UP......

Hitman

Upvote 0

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think a weed waker attachment in front of the coil would be cool. ;D

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitman,

Your personal email address is hidden in your profile, send me an email from your personal account to [email protected] and I will send you the contact info about the East Texas hunt we are planning!

Thanks Hambone

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
HA HA!

1) I think a good idea for a new meteal detector would be a light in the coil that you could turn on and off when needed for night MDing.

2) second would be a break away arm cuff so you wouldn't have to undo velcro every time to put the detector down.

3) third would be a pinpoint target that would attach to the coil and after pinpointing it you could release the target ot be right on the spot that was pinpointed.

Onion

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposedly computer imaging of targets is possible now by a gadget that plugs into the headphone jack. It records the targets in grids and then is downloaded into a computer and the targets imaged. I guess you would decide whats worth digging and go back to dig the good stuff. I read that here in one of the other forums. Other than that, i dont know what could possibly be next?

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rerolled the aluminum on mine and widened the radius for my right forearm and then attached the velcro straps to almost the ends. Not too tight and can still pull arm out fairly easily to dig.

That would drive me crazy after awhile.?

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
LOL I can only imagine what is next , who knows but I bet it will be cool with all the new technology we have now... thanks for the feed backs it is interesting to know what everyone thinks.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
GPS wouldn't suprise me at all. Plus it might be a nice option to have when you locate a giant cache of gold some where but have to haul a!@ out do to circumstances beyond ones control. If the old timers had it there wouldn't be any of those lost gold mine stories we love to read about so much

WolfmoonX

Dec 4, 2004
New Jersey
True_Metal...
Where did you hear about this imaging thing? You say it just plugs into the headphone jack? You've caught my interest. Have a link?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Why not a computer chip that allowed you to program directly into home computer for updating treasure logs of finds that day & w/GPS for where.

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Here are some of my ideas for a new metal detctor!

1.Battery plug in to the wall so you always have fresh batteries.
2.A lit eluminated circular bottum so it will light the ground as you metal detect and it does not interupt your metal detecting.
3.A computer senser button that will fix your metal detector any way you want it, no playing with buttuns ect, it just looks up what type of area your in and fixes your metal detector so you can just go on to your finding stuff.
4.A deal that shows you where you are so you don't get lost and that will pop up as you need it.
5.A light right on the arm of the detector so you can point it towrds so you can always see the ground when it gets darkor point it any direwction if you take a fast break ect.
So you don't have to use duck tape and a flashlight, like I do anymore.
6. Separate idea ****A patch for your jacket of the metal detector your using or for the back of your coat or even for your car!

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Keep up the good answers everyone.. who knows maybe there is a manufacturer out there reading this right now...what better way to see what the user wants....just ask!!!! I really like some of these ideas....computer plug ins would be great, especially if you could develop software to pinpoint areas you have been and so forth..What about instead of a beep you have a voice tell you what was there???Possible gold, Definatly trash so on.....

Hitman

C

Carl in CO

I like that imaging idea. It should use sonar and display like a fish finder. Better yet, I'd like it if was attached to power wheelchair with an automatic plug cutter and then I wouldn't get so tired looking.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
The thing though is if it told you what was under the coil every time, the fun of the hobby would be lost. Me, I like suprises ;)

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Stoney your correct the fun is in the chase and the hunt, the result will always be the same you will find something there,,,, but without knowing what you will find is the true treasure....

Hitman

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wolfman..

I believe the post was in the now defunct LRL forum and was posted by Dell Winders.
A search of this site turns up no trace of the thread or any other posts from Dell for some reason?

Maybe some bad blood going between Dell and someone here, thus why his posts were deleted.

Marc the administrator maybe able to add some insight on this technology as i'm sure he viewed the post in question. 8)

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now i know somethings up! The persons name i mentioned was nulled out 3 times in my previous post. See above wherever it says null, was a certain persons name that was a member here. I wondered what happened as to why he was erased from the treasurenet site ?

? ?

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new, so if I'm wrong here that's my excuse, but I don't see the point of GPS on a metal detector. I'm thinking more from the perspective of refinding individual targets...a GPS has an error of several feet (which gets worse under tree cover, etc), so I don't get how that would be of any benefit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread