Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is detecting on the Cheap, right there!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You guys are way more sophisticated in this area than me! :).............I use the same two regular pair of white socks/Fruit of the Loom brand that I've been using. One is for clad, the second sock sits inside and is there for any good find. I throw in the loot and tie a knot to prevent any losses. Watchya think?!

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try a nail apron, man. Youll probably like it.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
dahut said:

Try a nail apron, man. Youll probably like it.

lol........honest to god answer is that I feel comfortable only when my finds are in my pocket. I went from a plastic can of fish food that broke, to a small jar of baby food that cracked and finally settled on the socks.........which can only be replaced by perhaps a nice little leather pouch of some type.......but it needs to fit in my pocket! :)

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I use a nail apron too, Home Depot, $1.00. The common one that has 2 pockets. I put my rings and best keepers in my watch pocket, of course protect coins from getting scratched.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the bag I got free with my Explorer II. It is nice. Two pouches, a zippered pocket at the top, and a nice web belt with a qick connect buckle. It has Minelab on it. I think it is about the best thing I ever got free.

Ed D.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1 nail apron. since i md with my right hand i keep trash in left side and empty every time i'm near a trash can. anything special goes into a pocket

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figgure Minelab oughta offer a decent bag, as much as their darned detectors cost!

Ricardo likes his pockets - so there you go... what ever works.
Ive done pockets, tried fishing vests (which I like), pouches, nail aprons, fanny packs - you name it.

Nowadays I mostly use a Treasure Wise two-pocket pouch, sometimes a nail apron and often the vest. Gooders still go into my pockets and I NEVER dispose of my trash until the stuff is overflowing.
I receive few pleasures from this short life greater than than when someone asks:
"Find anything?"...

I smile a little smile to myself and proclaim joyfully,
"You bet!" Then I thrust my hand into my trash pocket, give the suspense a moment to build and pull out the biggest handful of grungy crap that I can manage - and thrust it towards my erstwhile friend, vigourously.
"See!" I say.
As the pulltabs and canslaw fall to the ground like misbegotten leaves, my companion stares wideyed. Then he realizes what he's looking at and his face changes.
"Oh," is the usual comment. Sometime, it's, "Oh, my!"
Invariably, he takes at least one step back at that moment.

Soon thereafter, I am, once again, alone.

Ah, sweet Solitude.

kruser

Apr 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, it looks like it's been a long time since anyone posted on this site. I'm coming through Aiken next Wed. pm leaving Thursday am......has anyone got a couple of hours to do some late afternoon digging.........I'll need a fix by then, thought I would ask you all. I'm from Birmingham on my way to Charleston. Let me know........205-965-3378 cell

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a pouch very similar to this: Handyman's Tool Pouch with Belt at Menards

I hold it up with military web belt, with Lesche digger and pinpointer on it. Three pockets, top (smallest) for coins and less valuable finds, middle pouch for lead/copper/pulltabs that I cash in or donate, biggest pouch for trash!

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a square plastic kitty litter bucket in which I have a pill bottle for great finds, a tums bottle for clad (interesting stuff) and all trash goes in the bottom. I also have my sorting towel, digging tool, pro pointer and kneeling pad in it. Just carry it around in my off hand, works great! That way I can wear whatever I want.

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of good collection bags on this thread but it has not been updated in some time. Any other unique bag ideas outside of the usual manufacturer bags?

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the garrett bag. I like it because the two pocket design allows me to put both trash and regular finds into what appears (to others) to be the SAME pouch. If I find something really valuable, I simply use the zipper in the top pouch, and half close it over the top of the good find (tucked under the zipped part). I've never had anything fall out of the zipper area (top pouch), anyway.. .it's just a precaution. I HAVE had things fall out of my own pockets, though, so I never do that. If it's actually a REALLY good find, I'll simply zip the pouch all the way, and start dumping my clad into the trash pouch for separation at home.

That's the way my son does it too. It keeps things VERY discreet.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the garrett bag. I like it because the two pocket design allows me to put both trash and regular finds into what appears (to others) to be the SAME pouch. If I find something really valuable, I simply use the zipper in the top pouch, and half close it over the top of the good find (tucked under the zipped part). I've never had anything fall out of the zipper area (top pouch), anyway.. .it's just a precaution. I HAVE had things fall out of my own pockets, though, so I never do that. If it's actually a REALLY good find, I'll simply zip the pouch all the way, and start dumping my clad into the trash pouch for separation at home.

That's the way my son does it too. It keeps things VERY discreet.

I use the same bag and do the same thing.

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with a Garret bag till the clasp broke. Then I bought a "Game Winner® Brown Game and Shell Bag" from Academy Sports. It was on clearance for $4.99 and it is awesome. Trash in the big pouch, potential good stuff in the front snap pouch, really good in my pocket, and phone in the back snap pouch so it remains the clean pouch. 10052616.jpg

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, it looks like it's been a long time since anyone posted on this site. I'm coming through Aiken next Wed. pm leaving Thursday am......has anyone got a couple of hours to do some late afternoon digging.........I'll need a fix by then, thought I would ask you all. I'm from Birmingham on my way to Charleston. Let me know........205-965-3378 cell

WHAAA??? I'm pretty sure the site gets plenty of posting. :) Maybe you meant this thread? I'm not sure. Anyway. Good luck on your hunt!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an AWP Carpenters belt pouch (Lowes) that has multiple pockets. I keep the bottom 3" sliced from a plastic (detergent?) bottle in the largest for crap (easy to remove & dump) and put better finds in the next empty pocket. Then I keep a zip-loc baggie for anything that might be a better find in a seperate pocket.

It holds my digger, back-up pinpointer, notepad & pencil, knife, folding saw, and on the belt is a loop for a prospector's hand pick or rock hammer. In the image the Lesche is held to two rare-earth magnets attached to the bag and it stays put but is quickly deployed.

HPIM1702.jpg

And the buckle's an add-on (gift from a friend in Britain) that keeps with the metal-detecting purpose.

IM000855.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread