New to Metal Detecting and Forum

Nov 20, 2012
Clarendon, Warren County , PA
Detector(s) used
Garret - Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering how good old lumber camp homesteads are for finding coins. I have a lead on a small community that was near my house. Everything is all wooded now with some scars were roads once were. I was told there was a cemetary there and everyone that lived in the community moved or died. Someone put the outhouses above their spring. I'm not 100% where it is but I found apple trees and rocks(possibly old foundation stones). I heard this from an 83 yo woman who went by it as a child and there were no houses standing then. Maybe a good find. I also collect bottles.

Upvote 0

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is you never know until you work the site. It might pay off in both metal detecting and bottle hunting. One thing for sure your likely to find some old stuff.

I have found the elderly to be great sources of information. My grandfather lead me to a great spot almost 40 years ago. I need to go back there with a modern detector and see what is really there.

Good luck and have fun.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll have a blast finding out if you are anything like me! Big Gold to you!

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find a place like that...may or may not find much but bet what you find with be really good stuff.. best of luck on that site..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one way to find out........go hunt that puppy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions