2nd Time Hunting...Caught Smokey The Bear...

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out for a second hunt this afternoon and had some more very minor success. I found another Quarter (clad 2000), and six pennies (various dates, including my FIRST WHEATIE 1944). It's crazy how deep those coins are (maybe 4–5 inches and only 12 years old) I also found a locket that looks to be brass and not really that old or worth anything (no pictures inside either). I also found a ring. The detector buzzed like crazy on that thing like I hit gold, but upon closer inspection, I'm pretty sure it's just a costume piece. The only hallmark on the inside rim is the number "9". I also found a cool old Smokey the Bear pin that I think may be steel, or tin? Anyway, it looks pretty neat because it is so old. I also found a die cast car, a large rusted serving spoon that was super corroded and an elbow of a small lead pipe (not pictured). Like I said, nothing too big or valuable, but this is starting to get to be fun! (I am using a Pioneer Bounty Hunter 101, only looking in my yard so far, and I've only logged about 3 hours total now metal detecting.)

2ndfinds.jpg

I tried to look up a little about the Smokey The Bear pin and couldn't really find anything exactly the same on the webtubes. If anybody knows anything about it, I would love the history lesson.

Upvote 0

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOOOOOL! and only in your yard??? what will be next? the anticipation of the hunt:icon_thumright:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I use to wear those smokie the bear pins back in the 60's as was a forest fire fighter in the state of missouri where i reside now. Use to put up the signs in store windows so people wouldn't burn their woods off. They thought I was a conservation agent and give me trouble and threathen me with shooting me etc. I was only 20 then. Scarey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread