Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
David of MS said:
Can a MD be used to find diamonds?

David

Only the ones with a stone, gem or rock type mode setting.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.....It is a metal detector and no MD will respond. Same goes for any gems.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, for once I have to disagree with you..

Yes, gems, including diamonds can be found with a metal detector if they are attached to lost rings :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can a MD be used to find diamonds?

David

What are you trying to do? Are you talking about prospecting for diamonds or just trying to find a lost gem? If so, how valuable is it? There are ways. I know many people have been fed bad info about Long Range Locators, but the LRL's can be used to help find a lost diamond. Problem is once you have a suspected area where it is (usually within a couple feet), you will probably need to sift the ground, wash it, and pan it. It will take a lot of time to learn LRL's, unless you know someone who knows. So if it is a $100 value, forget it.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
signal_line said:
What are you trying to do? Are you talking about prospecting for diamonds or just trying to find a lost gem? If so, how valuable is it? There are ways. I know many people have been fed bad info about Long Range Locators, but the LRL's can be used to help find a lost diamond. Problem is once you have a suspected area where it is (usually within a couple feet), you will probably need to sift the ground, wash it, and pan it. It will take a lot of time to learn LRL's, unless you know someone who knows. So if it is a $100 value, forget it.

Yes, of course. I myself would try this.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread