dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can afford it go with the at pro. I have the 250 since march and I wanna up grade to something better. Its a great stater machine but bored with it.

OP
OP
Carloates88

Carloates88

Dec 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in a toss over the Ace250 or the Ace Euro what do you reccomend and why whats the better machine etc

c6corvette

Nov 8, 2009
salt lake city
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Ace 250 w/excellerator coil
I have the ace 250 with the excellerator coil and have found alot of silver coins as well as rings and very pleased with it.Thought about upgrading but I think why if im finding great stuff with what I have.I absolutly love my ace.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own both an Ace 250 and a AT pro. I started out with the 250, and used it exclusively for over 7 months. It is still used when I take friend out with me. I have found silver coins, cool relics, and a silver ring with the 250, not to mention a five gallon bucket full of bottle caps/pull tabs/ the usual junk. I was very happy with the stock coil that comes with the 250.

If you are a beginner, I would highly recommend the Ace 250. Your finds will get better as you gain more experience with the machine and better learn how to use it. I would also highly recommend getting a good pin pointer, such as the Garrett Pro Pointer.

If you are ready to spend over $500 on a detector, then the AT Pro would be a nice choice as well. The learning curve going from the 250 to the Pro wasn't bad at all.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using the Ace 250 for 6 months and am very happy with it.
I don't dig for signals much deeper than 6" because I find it tough to do from my from my wheelchair. However I wonder what goodies I am missing.
The 250 will show the 8" deep targets.
Good Luck!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ace 250 has been real kind to me... I think i really improved when i switched to using headphones with it...(free from kellyco)... I was able to hone into the sounds very well.

I havent found any coin targets much deeper than 6 inches, although the larger trash items you do.

Hopefully will have an AT pro this weekend to try out, have been eyeing it up for as long as I have had my 250 lol

OP
OP
Carloates88

Carloates88

Dec 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help

I think im gonna get a Ace250 and buy the DD coil 11 x 8.5 and defo gonna get a garretta pinpoint

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

clubber

Dec 3, 2012
bedmond
Detector(s) used
garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, im new to detecting ( 6 months ) and i started with the ace 150, i found alot of good stuff including roman coins, after 2 months i brought the large 9 x 12 coil, my find rate went up alot, including my first gold ring and a 17th century gold cross a inch n half long , ive just recently upgraded to the euro ace and have some amazing finds. I think you will be very happy with any garrett range..:D happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread