gear bag and/or belt

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems I carry too much stuff and was wondering what "set ups" you all use to carry your treasure hunting gear. I change out my digging stuff based on where I am digging but I have a few must bring items and cant seem to figure out the best way to carry everything. Right now I am using a shoulder carry bag but maybe a belt holser would be better?? I am an electrician by trade and hate wearing a belt at work but it is convienent.

Fisher F-70
garrette pro pointer (new xmas present replacing my larger pointer)
screwdriver "modified"
brass rod probe (Home made)
knife
cheap garden trowel (being replaced with the Lesch..another xmas present)
towel (for the grass digs...hold my dirt)
water bottle
coin bag
garbage bag
2 each cell phones (I hate work!!! lol)

And a couple snacks or drinks for me, never seem to have room for them or forget to bring them.

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detector w/headphones
Pro Pointer
Digging Trowel (re-welded to not bend/break)
Apron (prefer the cheap two pocket one I got from Whites)
Pill bottle (for coins)
Towel sometimes
Cell sometimes
Pocket knife

I go pretty light. The Pro Pointer fits into one of the apron pockets as does the pill bottle (screw top). I carry the digger in one hand and tector in the other. Sometimes have to make a trip back to the truck to dump off trash. (I pick up surface trash too). I try to leave my cell in the truck if I remember!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having been a remodeling carpenter I use an electricians pouch, has all the necessary pockets for probes, pinpointers, towel, and so on, it sits higher and uses a tool belt to hold it which holds the lesche well an added benefit it doesn't weigh you down(could be because i wore a tool pouch for so many years but i don't think so.) The center is open for holding your finds and has a smaller pouch where coins, rings etc. can go.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go real light...I wear cargo pants and keep my junk in my left cargo pocket, propointer in my right cargo pocket, coins go in my front left pocket and my cell phone in my right pocket and I swing with my right hand and carry the Lesch in my left hand.....I think cargo pants are the way to go..but that's IMO...sometimes the waterbottle goes in the back pocket....but it gets a little uncomfortable.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm usually the other way around.......I carry everything.....except if I get lucky enough to park next to the hunting area in which case I leave most items in the truck. I carry a back pack with extra batteries, water, phone and detector manual. I use a leather finds pouch with a zippered coin/jewelry section. I carry the pinpointer, probe, digger, and knife in it. I put a big zip lock bag in my back pocket to use as a soil/dirt/sod holder and sometimes a towel on my belt. Also, personal protection of various sorts. I don't usually wear gloves unless I know I'm going to need them for a particularly nasty hunt.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I use a small belt pouch but I also wear a fishing vest. The vest is the best add on item I've ever used.

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ideas here thank you.

Back pack is an option but it seams to be a bit more work to take it off and on to get to my "Tools"

The cargo pants option is awesome....I wear carpenter jeans often and can stuff my pockets from my main carrying bag??? Brain is a ticking now.

Fishing vest??? As my screen name says...ya, I fish alot and have two or twelve vests that may be the ticket and easy quick access to my "tools".

Now I have too many options! ??? ???

envguy

May 13, 2009
southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a shotgun hunting game bag similar to the Filson mesh game bag vest. Search cabelas or some such and you will find them. The one I bought was a much cheaper version from Academy.

SDMiner

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my Lesche digger on my right hip, then my pointer, then a cell phone holder in the front for coins, all on my pants belt. When locating, detector in my left hand and digger in my right.Works good for me!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute idea, but I roll with my official Batman Utility Belt. This best is endorsed by both Adam and I, and it works perfectly in the field too :thumbsup:

adam.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread