Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep coming across these posts that say stuff like "there's always something in your yard no matter where you live" etc. But to me, it seems like this would only be the case if the house was old or if the land had been previously developed. I live out in the country. Our house is only 19 years old and our lot was cleared when the house was built. So before that, it was just trees, trees, trees, and more trees. I can't possibly see how there could be anything besides junk or maybe a couple of new pennies here. Am I right in thinking this, or am I just missing something?

Upvote 0
F

fishermann

You never know! Hunt it up! My only seated half dime came from a school built in the 1950's with a huge playground and in a town not even thought about being developed until long after, so GO FOR IT and let us know what you dig.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I would give it a shot you never know who has stumbled through there in the past and what they have dropped. If there is not much there it will not take you long to search it.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey if nothing else, I know my mom lost a few earrings in between the boards on our pool deck whenever we still had it :D. Come to think of it, that might be a decent place to look for clad too...

Actually i know there's gotta be some stuff there because when I was younger, I was coming up our sidewalk with a box full of old coins I had just gotten at a flea market or something. I tripped on a stone and they went into the grass under our porch steps right up against the house. I think I got them all, but even if I didn't there's no way to get a detector in there without picking up the rain gutters/other house junk...lol.

Or maybe I should just shut up and go look ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread