doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,
I recntly went to renew my TVA permit and received the following message.
Subject: RE: TVA Metal Detecting permits
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:20:16 -0500
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Thank you for your inquiry. TVA is no longer issuing metal detecting permits. Metal detecting is no longer allowed on TVA managed land.

Thank you.

Ginger Seeber

I think it nice that a Government Agency now makes policy. I responded by forwarding this message to Senator Corker. It seems the government know what is good for us. I think at 61 working all my life I can make my own decisions. Just another piece of property that is lost to our hobby and recreation.

Keep Digging:coffee2: Doc

Upvote 0

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scotty scotty scotty, tsk tsk. How can you say such a thing? Aren't you afraid of "arrests" "tickets" "confiscations" & "jail" ? I mean .... surely you know that secret navy seal agents are hiding behind every tree, waiting to jump out and accost you! And not only that, they have calculators at-the-ready to do the math on the age of your coins. Heaven help you when that navy seal sees one is 51 or more years old!!

Lol big brother can kiss my........... I just keep on digging.

doc holiday

Greenie
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RD I share your like for your football team and your dislike for inane guvmint[sic] rules,however those of us who enjoy shooting a variety of firearms are happy that we can purchase them at WalMart---so lets be friends.

OP
OP
doc801

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If detecting is already banned, complaining can't do any harm. If you ***** and complain loud enough, you might get it overturned. You need to be persistent however. If you become a real pain, they'll relent just to get rid of you.

The squeaky wheel gets the most grease

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
doc801, when you say "the squeeky wheel gets more grease", in terms of this topic, do you mean as in "can't do more harm" or "will do more harm" ?

Because sometimes complaining and petitioning can and will FURTHER the resolve, put it on front burners, and then cause other similar places to also take note of this issue they would want to like-wise make laws about. So ...., not sure if more attention is what we need, or less attention.

OP
OP
doc801

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doc801, when you say "the squeeky wheel gets more grease", in terms of this topic, do you mean as in "can't do more harm" or "will do more harm" ?

Because sometimes complaining and petitioning can and will FURTHER the resolve, put it on front burners, and then cause other similar places to also take note of this issue they would want to like-wise make laws about. So ...., not sure if more attention is what we need, or less attention.

I never been one not speak my piece. To sit back and just wringing your hands will not permit change. If our legislators wish to tie us up in red tape and regulation. We have the power of vote to replace these so regulators . The 18 TH admendment showed change by voicing ones views.

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tennessee is starting to sound like CA of the East. They recently banned all gold dredging as well. Who are you guys electing over there?

OP
OP
doc801

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tennessee is starting to sound like CA of the East. They recently banned all gold dredging as well. Who are you guys electing over there?

I can say been contacting Sen. Coker and Sen LaMar. At least once a week. The wheel is squeaking and keep to posted

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see someone like the archaeologist protecting their job. Actually I never enquire about a permit even in towns or parks that require one. I always use the dumb receptionist or I asked a worker excuse and apologize. I say i am sorry i asked but asked the wrong person. I politely say i will leave and tell them I will secure a permit.

The archaeologists in Alaska have all but stopped small prospectors from looking for gold. If they think someone lost a pick axe within 50 miles it's off limits.

As we all know some guys leave the areas they detect look like moles infested the area. What's disturbing to me is some of the U-Tube videos guys post they don't cover their plugs properly. That leads to people and places not wanting us on their land to hunt.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm lucky. In my area no one says a thing about metal detecting. People just wave or say hi and keep going. Even the little old ladies that are nosey. Well ill take it for as long as I can.

OP
OP
doc801

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I'm lucky. In my area no one says a thing about metal detecting. People just wave or say hi and keep going. Even the little old ladies that are nosey. Well ill take it for as long as I can.

Well I to have a nice place I worked on for 5 years. I keep a good relationship with the land owners. Cover my holes and show my finds . Like also coming here and sharing views. Keep Digging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread