Help!

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
I hold my head in shame. I brought a Treasure Hunter Vision Pro metal detector thinking it was going to be really good blah blah! ive been out with it for the last 2 days and i must say it is useless iv read the manual a dozen times did everything im supposed to looked on the website etc. But the metal detector is not very good at all it cant pinpoint or discriminate. I was given a Viking 5 series II detector from my uncle and that is really good only thing is it cant go very deep. I would like some advice on whether i should stick to the Viking or go for another make. I want to use the detector for hunting coins, jewellery and possibly even relics. I would be using it on farmland and in the woods and i would be looking to spend around ?150 - ?250?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're playing with toys. Get a? Tesoro, Fisher, White's, Minelab or other major brand and see what you have been missing. Sorry to be so blunt, but better that than keep throwing good money after bad. Good luck and no hard feelings i hope.

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Its okay mate i prefer someone to be brutally honest. Im going try and sell the treasure hunter and put the money towards a new one. Can you suggest a good make and model that would be good for my requirements? Ive just come back after being out with the Viking. I went along a footpath near my area i mainly only found trash apart from a 1970 Netherlands 2 1/2G coin. My first coin find!

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Tesoro brand. They have a couple of hot new detectors out plus most on-line dealers will give about a 20% discount plus a few freebies.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been very happy with my whites dfx. had a bounty hunter a while ago and never found anything. but some people are doing very well with theirs .

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Cheers for your advice! Ive been looking through different makes and models of detectors and the only one that has really caught my eye is Whites Prizm III.

Happy Hunting
Sean

C

czman

Buy a name brand and spend a little money on it...its worth the joy you get in return.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Ace250 is the one that has really caught my eye! I'm using a BH Pioneer 101, and am going to be upgrading to th Garrett in a few weeks, just in time for spring! It's about the same price as the Whites Prizm II, but with a target depth indicator, which the Prizm II does not have. I have been reading all the feedback from the ACE250 users here and at other forums, and have heard nothing but RAVE reviews. That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth! Good luck and HH!

frank804

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sadams1980 I was wondering if you can share that owners manual and or let me know where i can find one at. I have a all vision pro and though I have found a few things i really dont know how to use the knobs, mines didnt come with a manual. Thanks in advance

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Sadams1980 I was wondering if you can share that owners manual and or let me know where i can find one at. I have a all vision pro and though I have found a few things i really dont know how to use the knobs, mines didnt come with a manual. Thanks in advance

If you'll look in the upper left hand corner of each post, you'll likely see you just resurrected an 11 year-old thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread