Hi! Guartel MD8+

nelesx

Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a tendency to rant for hours on end, so I'll just be short and to the point. I'm a complete amateur, and all I truly want is to go around my family lands hiking, and play with an MD, perhaps finding something interesting. Where I go there are no pulltabs and coke cans, and I am willing to dig up anything I detect, even junk. The ground is not heavily mineralized either. I don't mind about the value of the find, just the quantity, which I assume means more depth would be better. The choice I have locally is:

Fisher F2 with 8 and 4 inch coils, and Pinpointer FLV
Teknetics Alpha 2000 with 8 inch coil FLV

and something interesting I am being offered, an Guartel MD8+ military mine and metal detector. It's a PI detector, and I was researching a bit, but would like to hear an opinion from someone truly experienced.

Thank a bunch, as any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! If you want to dig anything that beeps, a PI detector is the one for you! Some of those mine detectors weigh a ton so you might want to swing one before you buy. Most of the modern PI units are made for the water or gold prospecting. I'd do some hands on comparisons in weight and balance before deciding. Of the ones you mentioned, I'd go with the Fisher but there are other brands and models just as good if not better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread