How many MD trips does it take...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us hardly post our nice finds here. I have in the past but showing everyone your finds can bring lots of trouble to you. Expecially if you like to find relics. I recover lots of junk and never throw it back on the ground for me to find again.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
For the most part I post all my finds on any particular outing. Unless it's just an hr of clad hunting.
Cya, Mike

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Many of us hardly post our nice finds here. I have in the past but showing everyone your finds can bring lots of trouble to you. Especially if you like to find relics. I recover lots of junk and never throw it back on the ground for me to find again.
So is this just a case of being paranoid or are there people out there ready to pounce on you for finding things? If items are recovered on private property with permission what is the worry. Or is a matter of not letting thieves know what you have for fear of being found where you live?
Just curious is all. ;D
Thanks
Greg (Rockfshr)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockfshr said:
Sandman said:
Many of us hardly post our nice finds here. I have in the past but showing everyone your finds can bring lots of trouble to you. Especially if you like to find relics. I recover lots of junk and never throw it back on the ground for me to find again.
So is this just a case of being paranoid or are there people out there ready to pounce on you for finding things? If items are recovered on private property with permission what is the worry. Or is a matter of not letting thieves know what you have for fear of being found where you live?
Just curious is all. ;D
Thanks
Greg (Rockfshr)

I think he might have been getting at the thought that if people see you making some great finds they will do the research and find where you live and where you are hunting and steal your spot.

As for me, I usually find something worthy of posting every trip out. Either silver or an Indian Head I consider worthy of posting. I've had lots of days where I've only found wheats and didn't bother making a post. 4 out of 5 trips I find something good.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
id say 1 out of 5 trips for me,mainly because of a lack of fertile hunting grounds.i have to find a way to open up more opportunities. its been tough the last six months trying to line up permission. :'(

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I echo Sandman's comments:

I never find anything good. I don't do this for that reason.

Thats my story, and Im sticking to it

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
id say 1 out of 5 trips for me,mainly because of a lack of fertile hunting grounds.i have to find a way to open up more opportunities. its been tough the last six months trying to line up permission. :'(
I try to post results after every hunt. I get out maybe 4 times a month due to the pesky work thing. My recent vacation time was eaten up by painting my house and helping my Mom move. I had 8 permission letters out to property owners that I sent out at the middle of November. I got a YES this past Friday so I will be there tomorrow. Keep your head up hollowpointred, 90% of my permission letters are either ignored or I get a NO due to liability. I get to drive past most of these spots on a daily basis, so the NO burns even more. Never give up and your luck getting permission WILL change.

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
hollowpointred said:

I've got to say that my luck has been good with getting permission. My last 2 times I got permission. Now both are recently rezoned commercial properties that had or were going to have all the buildings demo'd. I used the "I'm an honest, responsible hobbiest that would love to enjoy some of the local history before everything is convered in 3 inches of asphalt with a mini-mart on top of it." This usually appeals to their sense of duty. It would be different hunting someone's nice manicured lawn, not sure I would like that much.

G'luck

To answer the poll, I usually find silver or gold every other trip, and some sort of jewelry every trip. I'll post my 2006 finds at the end of the year.

B

BIG61AL

I wish I could post something everytime....but does any one really want to see 0ne quarter, two dimes and nine pennies posted over and over again?

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I think I jinxed myself by answering 'everytime'. I checked my records and the last twelve times out I found something that would be worthy of posting. So Sun I went out for 7 1/2 hours, walked 9 miles in the woods and found nothing except dozens of rr spikes. Which I left where I found them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions