UK Farmland with Euro Ace

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi all,

This is my first time here for a few years, I got rid of my metal detectors about 5 years ago as I didn't have time to go out.

I am now single and just before Xmas I brought myself a Garrett Euro Ace, after doing months of research looking for the right detector and I must say I am really impressed so far. I live on a farm and there are around 9 fields, I have started in the last field and I am going to go around in a anti-clockwise direction. All the fields have public footpaths on them and 1 particular field has had a public footpath going through it for over 100 years which goes through to the local church, so I have started in this field. Finally managed to go out properly for the first time yesterday (I have been practicing with the detector over the last week or so getting used to it).

Please see below for my finds. I have mainly found horseshoe nails (it is my grandfathers farm and he used to keep his horses in that meadow), I have also found what looks like a trailer pin. Today I was out in the field and I found the coin?? It is battered (the field has been ploughed a few times), but i can certainly see a slight pattern on one side. Should I try to clean this up and what would be the best way?

I have still got a long way to go in that field so hopefully more finds to come.

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from the UK :hello: You never said what the coin is made of, although it looks like a bronze coin, not to familier about your choice of machine either? but the area your searching sound Ok. If the coin is bronze, drop it in some Olive oil and take it out every now and then, some detail might appear.

SS

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Hi SS thanks for replying. To be honest I haven't a clue what the coin is made of. It has got greenish flecks in it. As it has been in the ground for quite a while I would imagine, would that make it copper?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SS thanks for replying. To be honest I haven't a clue what the coin is made of. It has got greenish flecks in it. As it has been in the ground for quite a while I would imagine, would that make it copper?
Bronze....is it perfectly round, or not...try posting a better pictures. By the way you will get more replies in todays finds, or the whatsits thread....post there.

SS

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
I have posted a more detailed description and better pictures of the coin on the "todays finds" forum. Thanks for your help mate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread