My wife bought me my first metal detector just a few minutes ago!!

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....what can I say.....I have the best wife in the world. For the past year I have been thinking about getting a metal detector and today we went shopping with the kids for some nick-knacks and I exclaimed to her how happy I was Xmas was over and the stores were less crowded. She said Xmas wasn`t over just yet. I gave her a perplexed look and we headed over to Big Lots because she had to "get herself something for the house". To my surprise she walked out with a Bounty VLF2 Metal Detector. I know it not the top of the line but I was as gitty as a child in a candy store! Just wanted to share my experience and photo of the metal detector. (She hasnt posted pics yet so i found a pic on google.) HH everyone! VLF2_1 (1).jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great gal! Congratulations and Big Gold! :occasion14:

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She's a keeper, for sure. Welcome in. Come on back when you have questions. I do.
:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
That " giddy as a kid in a candy store", I'm like that every time I pull up to one of my detecting spots still after 7 years!!!! Sounds like a good wife ya' got there. Remember to have a whole lot of patience and a whole lot of fun!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
ok, congradulations. And as a "newbie" here, I must inform you of the forum rules. They are actually quite simple: You send me 50% of all your finds (you pay postage). Then you get to detect anywhere you want, to your hearts content. Enjoy!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats brotha.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sly little woman.........she knows where the gold rings are gong to end up at at the end of those hunts :wink:

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like the first one I used. It was very easy to use. You have a sensitivity knob and a discriminate knob. The discrim works very well on mine. The more you turn it up the more stuff it wont detect. If you put it all the way up you will find only pennies dimes quarters and large junk like cans. Its fun to take out in your yard with discrim all the way down and see what you find. Then when you get tired of digging junk turn it all the way up and see how many coins you can find. I was amazed of how much stuff I found in my yard. Junk and coins. Happy hunting to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread