cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing all the details, it looks like they got what they deserved. With all the other areas where you can search for Roman coins, why try to steal them from an off-limits site? Of course, like gun ban laws, if they choose to ignore them, they'll keep hunting anyway. Heaping new laws on the books only restricts the law abiding.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And they pleaded guilty. Brittan's laws keep people from finding the artifacts as is but still it was a known site & private property. Here in many places they would have been shot by the land owners & never seen again.
Let's see if we can make him squeal like a pig... weeeeee :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as far as the anti-social behavior order :laughing9: I'll leave my comment to this :
tell an alcoholic no more alcohol,
or a Kleptomaniac no more pockets in his pants :laughing9:

actually Good law being they didn't kill anyone :thumbsup:
they don't seem like the type that detected for enjoyment anyway

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, yea I don't drink but I was laughing really hard when that came to mind, so I just had to put it in... You know :occasion14: haha. Yea, flat out trespassing with intent to steal, I'm getting old... I haven't shot at people in years , though I do admit that I have been in the woods for way to long :laughing9:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the TV execs should make a reality show for these guys. Certainly couldn't be any worse for the hobby than Diggers.

Tater Ball

Nov 4, 2012
WV
Detector(s) used
E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what brand of detectors they used. :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they have the brains to blame the two knuckleheads who were doing the stealing and not the metal detectors, like they would here......"jeez those detectors have removeable search coils, they must be assault detectors....."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they have the brains to blame the two knuckleheads who were doing the stealing and not the metal detectors, like they would here......"jeez those detectors have removeable search coils, they must be assault detectors....."

:laughing7: Yea the anti-social behavior was because of the Detector,
so they need to ban all detectors :BangHead:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're no too far off. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pass a law saying, it's illegal to own a detector unless you're a licensed archaeologist and registered with government or state.
After all, "all" people using detectors are out to steal artifacts/history. Right? Lol
I'd sure be upset if I had to get another license.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread