mspsarge

Dec 26, 2012
Tecumseh, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"All that glitters" won't make you rich

I put this collection together to show others that we don't always pull rings and coins out of the ground. The glass syringe was a surprise and caused no injury. The "RR" brass padlock has a pat'd date of 1892. There's an old tire gauge, 1935 dog license, "Ames-Dean carriage factory" name plate, rail road lock key. The top row middle is a ladies hanging medal with Admiral Dewey's flagship dated 1912 New York. It was some kind of fund raiser "For the entertainment and mobilization of U. S. Troops". It was found in thigh deep water in Sand Lake, Lenawee County, MI.

Greg

030.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with the time and energy we put into this hobby it sure beats throwing them into a box in the corner
nice display Greg

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great collection! You are the only other person who has posted a picture of a toy sheriff's star like that. I found one of these "Junior Sheriff" stars in the front yard of my rental house back in October. I have yet to really clean mine up though, maybe electrolysis? Mine was right up against a sidewalk, about 6" down, and gave a signal like a bottle cap or piece of trash.

star.jpg

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I told someone else on this forum: THOSE RAILROAD KEYS HAVE VALUE! I sold one I dug for around $200 on ebay!
I put this collection together to show others that we don't always pull rings and coins out of the ground. The glass syringe was a surprise and caused no injury. The "RR" brass padlock has a pat'd date of 1892. There's an old tire gauge, 1935 dog license, "Ames-Dean carriage factory" name plate, rail road lock key. The top row middle is a ladies hanging medal with Admiral Dewey's flagship dated 1912 New York. It was some kind of fund raiser "For the entertainment and mobilization of U. S. Troops". It was found in thigh deep water in Sand Lake, Lenawee County, MI.

Greg

View attachment 721877

OP
OP
mspsarge

mspsarge

Dec 26, 2012
Tecumseh, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sovereignelite,

I'll check into that. This key was found in an old abandoned school yard about a 1/2 mile from a high speed freight line. D.T. & I stands for Detroit, Toledo, & Ironton,

Thanks,

Greg

021.JPG 022.JPG

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks almost exactly like the one I sold except different railroad. Definitely check it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread