spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice listening to the sounds until you understand them.

I still hunt in the all metal mode and will dig anything that beeps, you just never know :tongue3: Although I do know my machine and most times correct in the find, no matter what machine you use, you'll pretty much have the same results

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Set max scrim and min sense, concentrate on your sweep speed and listen for the goods. You will get the sitting ducks for sure.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly the best thing to do is just dig. The more trash you pull out the more good stuff you'll find, and while you're at it, you'll get a sense of what the machine is telling you.

as far as settings, I'd run the sensitivity at about half, and run in all metal. You can notch out iron and cherry pic the place but you'll likely miss some good relics.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd pick a 10X10 area likely to have coins and dig every sound. Note the tone/readings/depth that each target makes. If you find items worth while, do another section like that or maybe just listen for the targets that make the "good" sounds. If you don't find any keepers in the first area, try another likely spot. If nothing there, move on to another site altogether. Some site just aren't worth the trouble but that's something you'll have to decide after some testing.

OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the help. I just can't quit on it. It's never been hunted and there has almost got to be some cool stuff there.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider getting a smaller coil. It may be able to distinguish the good stuff better. But, my favorite finds aren't valuable, so digging just about everything is a good idea.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grid, grid, grid....like someone said above....10 by 10 area and dig every repeatable signal....then move on to another "good looking" spot..and do another 10 by 10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread