Colt4522

Greenie
Jan 6, 2013
Calvert County
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a historical society is a good start. In Maryland and Calvert county we have pretty good records of land ownership online. a little searching and I can get old land deeds. look for old Inns in you area most of them date really far back. I really like just driving around and scouting the area. I find it really cool just driving and noticing a old house tucked away in the woods.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, in Minnesota i logged on to the historical society and they have a good selection. But, I am finding looking at any maps and figuring out what I would do and how long it took to get from point a to point b works and where people of x era would camp helps me pick river crossings, etc., better..

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found old maps on the walls of the local library. Found a muster field, old school house, the location of an old golf course, the old court house, and a change in the road leading into town. Try there, maybe you'll be lucky like I was. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you want some really old maps check out the Library of Congress Map room, on line. It is not easy to navigate, but has a wealth of information. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historicalmapworks.com
Historicalaerials.com

alexTx

Greenie
Dec 13, 2009
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check a university's library that is in your state for old Sanborn maps, preferrably if they are online. Example, the University of Texas library has all the Sanborn maps online for Texas cities, and it's free.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if your town has a history library and go from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread