Greenie
Jan 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705,
Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, I wanted to post this hear since this was the first area I posted in when I came to this forum and I'm not sure how many of the people from this particular area looks at the Military Relic area.

So this is a a copy and paste from the post I made in the Military Relic Area and for all of you who wished me well and wanted me to post about my first real hunting!

=============

Okay guys, I've only had my Minelab x-Terra 705 for less then a week. I did my first real hunting today and this is my find!

From what I've been able to research this is a WW1 or WW2 United States Army Ring. It's 14K RGP (Rolled Gold) and was buried about 8-10 inches under ground. The stone was missing but there was a strange...something with it. Like a marble or something that was on the inside of the band. The stone or marble crumbled away so I don't think it was the stone for the ring. At the bottom of the eagle it has 6 stars, I know in the army 6 stars denotes general, though I'm unsure if the military rings were done like that or not.

Any information any of you can give me on it would be greatly appreciated it. This is my actual first find and I am absolutely ecstatic! I'm even finding it hard to write this post I'm so excited!

2013-01-12+18.42.58.JPG 2013-01-12+18.21.30.JPG 2013-01-12+18.18.26.JPG 2013-01-12+18.17.38.JPG

Upvote 0

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Exciting to find a ring isn't it? May your next be the missing one you mentioned before. Army Generals only max at 5 stars. Go very slow and you will find the deep ones.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say, NICE FIND! Many more to come I'm sure. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions