First time detecting

Squid

Sep 4, 2012
SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000/d
Primary Interest:
Other
For my first time, especially with a really old coinmaster 6000/d, I think I did really well.
I went to the beach and about 2 hours worth of wandering around i ended up with 13 cents and some bottle caps and misc trash.
I threw all the nails away though.

image-820508601.jpg

image-3299144988.jpg

image-2402841763.jpg

Not bad I think, and as it turns out, my dad just ordered two minelab machines today.

Upvote 0

jefe43

Greenie
Jan 11, 2013
Silverdale, WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab... nice! I just hit the beach with my BH Quick Draw II today but it looks like you did better than I! HH

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Southern CA, eh? Watch for high swells (from the south or southwest) to combine with high tides. When you guys get beach erosion, sometimes the hunting can be quite fun :) See if you can talk to any of the guys down there who got a taste of the storms that hit in the winter of 1982-83 :)

khune

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Tesoro Bandit
White's 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To clarify... as much as dad would have liked to order two Minelabs he took advantage of the BOGO deal... One Sovereign GT and one Pioneer 505.

I remember reading that there was a great read or video on tuning the Sovereign GT so if anyone could point me in that direction I would be mighty grateful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread