Best thing about Winter Detecting---

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
None of these sssss.
Copperhead.JPG
Anyone got some similar hazards to post?
PEACE

Upvote 0

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gawd I hate those things...That's why I try to save the bushy areas for the winter and stay out of tall fields in the summer.

OP
OP
1more4me

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Funny thing was- I passed the coil right over him- and he had no VDI- nothing. You'd think a COPPERhead might.
However- I did Overload for a moment...

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Best thing about winter detecting? That's easy, lack of foliage in the woods makes detecting possible, and no bugs.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerDave in PA, the ground based yellow jacket nests are somewhat common here in California, at least in the mountains. Over the years I've managed to come across four of them and neither time has been fun, at the moment it takes all the fun out of exploring!

1more4me, it took me a few minutes to understand what I was looking at in your picture and then my heart did a little jump when I realized what was draped across your coil was not some leaves stuck together, Dang!! In California the dangerous snakes are only mountain rattlers and usually they warn me unless it is an infant without rattles........63bkpkr

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing was- I passed the coil right over him- and he had no VDI- nothing. You'd think a COPPERhead might.
However- I did Overload for a moment...
You may have overloaded......but I would have unloaded!:censored:

Squid

Sep 4, 2012
SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000/d
Primary Interest:
Other
DiggerDave in PA, the ground based yellow jacket nests are somewhat common here in California, at least in the mountains. Over the years I've managed to come across four of them and neither time has been fun, at the moment it takes all the fun out of exploring!

Yeah, those things are a real mess to come across, they have appeared in my yard once or twice.
Dunno what to do with the hives though, we just leave them alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread