Help picking out new detector

stickyfingers427

Jan 23, 2013
Hey all... I am new to this site and was hoping you can help me out... I've always wanted to do some detecting on a regular basis but never liked going out by myself... Ive had a bounty hunter time ranger ( version 4 ) for about 5 years that's hardly used..... I'm thinking of surprising my fiancé with her own detector so we can get into it together... What I need from you is help picking 1 out for her.... I want it to b a good 1 just in case she gets into it so I don't have to go get another 1 right away... I need 1 that's easy to learn, is light and has good depth... We live on Long Island but I want to take them everywhere we go even when we leave the island... I myself will be upgrading once I get use to it... Thank you all and will be loving your advice!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get her a Tesoro Compadre; or a Silver uMax. A Fisher F2; Whites Coinmaster; Garrett Ace 250. Best of Luck!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of hunting and what is your budget?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contact Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, he is a straight shooter and always willing to help. Not only that he has the best deals on the net.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second that, just read my siggy...EDIT...forget my sig....Just call Bart. Or email him...the dude is on the level. I just ordered an AT pro from him last Thurs. Get it tomorrow. He matched other peoples prices and was awesome to deal with. You can't beat dealing with a small business owner who actually enjoys his job. Support the little guy. This hobby is about history, small business is almost history! Customer service is almost extinct......I'll always suggest Bart first.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread