I dont know how to ask this

1320Fastback

Apr 21, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't wear steel toed boots while detecting.

Be aware of wedding ring on finger when hand scanning spoil pile under detector.

Invest in rechargeable batteries for your detector.

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig the pull tabs because you never know when one will turn into a gold ring. 2012-11-04_19-22-33_172.jpg 563961_10151064200692821_1039877669_n.jpg

Both of these rings came up as a perfect pulltab. One was a 10k 1969 class ring 7.2 grams, and the other was 14k mens ring 7.8 grams.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I am looking for any advice that you know that is helpful :3some: any advice? :laughing3:

Don't stick your fingers in light sockets, don't accept candy from strangers, and don't bet on race horses.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
speak slow speak low and dont say much.plus detect in all metal as much as you can stand it.

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Don't you go were the Husky's go and don't you eat that yellow snow"

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get to know your MD. Carry known items, such as clad and silver coins or rings, and put them in the kind of soil you search. Then bury a bottle cap and a pull tab. Test each item over and over. Do a clad dime and then a silver dime, then a pull tab. Learn the signals your detector gives you. Next pick places where people tend to go or have gone for a long time. Be happy with every find. I still get a little thrill when I can pull up a clad dime. The thrill of a signal is a little like fishing. When you get that nibble on the bait, you have no idea what is on the other end of the line. You will pull out dozens of small change coins and then one day you will reach down and pick up a Standing Liberty Half Dollar or a gold ring. From that moment on, your heart will skip a beat with each solid signal. If you have kids, let them be involved. They get really excited over a simple penny. That joy is infectious.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take Your Trash With You or We will Send The Sheriff To You!!! HH Chug

DSCF1482.JPG

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you find a gold coin, the proper way to clean it, is with 30-grit sand paper or a bench grinder.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer muriatic acid pool cleaner. Gotta use my left hand though cause the right one melted.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No one can help you until you are willing to help yourself first.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try to hunt with a buddy. Especially when out in the wild.
Yesterday I was hunting with my mother out on an Arizona trail. She had to take off. So I figured I'd go hit another spot. While going to my destination I saw some bedrock waterfalls in a wash. I parked my truck and hiked down to the wash and detected till almost dark. Instead of going back the way I came, I decided to take the more direct route towards a road to the truck. This meant going up a 15' bank that had a 3' shelf at the top.
I found a big rock that sloped up towards the shelf. So I started walking up it. I stopped for a second to look at my path. My left side doesn't work that good. So I take my time and watch every step I make. Well, my left foot slipped on the rock, and I started to fall down the rock. My right ankle twisted up the rock, and my knee went down hill and then behind my back. Needless to say after about sliding down the rock, my ankle popped along with who knows what. I then had to crawl out of the wash, over the step and then to the truck. Used my detector as a cane when finally on the road. Took about 1-1/2 hour to go a quarter mile.
I lay in bed now saying. Why didn't I head home when my mother left? I had planned to hit a smooth old camp site, but instead wanted to try and find a nugget or two.
You just never know what can happen out there and I'm sure glad I wasn't mountain lion or coyote food.
So always try and have a buddy with you, even if you're going on a simple hunt. Company's good and if you run into a problem, you have help to get you back safe.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cat box should be cleaned at least once a month :notworthy:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never show your finds to strangers!

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Judgment comes with Experience. Experience comes with Bad Judgement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread