Todays Unintended Haul

D

DeepThought

Today's Unintended Haul

A friend at work told me of a park I wasn't aware of. It was a drizzling day so I decided to stop by and just look. 2 hours later I was just leaving <g>. No silver yet but I found a 1939 Wheat penny in good shape and a dime with the stamp off center. Can anyone help out on the dime?

thx
DT View attachment 730982 View attachment 730983 View attachment 730982 View attachment 730983

Attachments

• IMAG0329-1.jpg
    IMAG0329-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DeepThought

update on the dime: it's not stamped off center. there is no rim or ridge on the right hand side, to the back of Roosevelt's head

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice haul! Tiring digging all those coins isn't it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
D

DeepThought

I found some of the coins in close distribution by egress from the ballparks (where I found the wheat), base of trees facing the ballparks and garbage cans by the parking lots. It was getting late so I hit 3 tot lots for a quick scan. The first two, nada, but the last one was insane. That is where I found the dimes and nickels and token. Great practice for cataloging the various tones and conditions

OP
OP
D

DeepThought

..I went back today and checked out some tree lines. Among the clad I found another Chuck E Cheese token (top) and 9mm bullet ............ in the tot lot. IMAG0333.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread