D i need license ?

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
No you don't you just need to find the land owner if you can detect there land if they say yes your good to go I also have copys (contract) made that I make them sign (if it's a big plot of land that I might get stopped by cops) so I don't run into problems. Hope that helps

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You will need a drivers license if you drive to your hunting spot...... But a license to metal detect no you sure do not.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most places no you do not need permits.
unfortunately on Long Island I'm not sure about the parks there.
I do know in NYC you need a permit for some parks.

You can google park rules to check
or look for signs at the entrance.

No details on signs usually means no rules in my opinion.

on the History, again try google and starting here https://www.google.com/search?q=his...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

and also check libraries & historical societies if you have them.

Welcome & good luck !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
duk any good site where can I find information about history of Long Island and old maps ?and du need licens fo metal detector to hunt

You need a New York State Parks Permit ($40-annually) to hunt state beaches and parks on Long Island Long Island State Park Region Beaches - Permit Office PO Box 247, Babylon, NY 11702 -- 631-669-1000

I have some more info here Beach Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread