For The Dirt Pile

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all have the problem, where do we pile the dirt as it comes out of the hole? I've read that some use a piece of cloth, like an old pillow case to hold the dirt as they dig. This allows them to sweep the dirt pile as they go to see if the searched for object is now out of the hole. I was in a Lowes and saw really large dust pans and thought that would be great. I picked one up and thought about it, then realized the one I had was made of metal. So I looked around and found a nice white plastic one. I can pile the dirt there, seach on it and then just tip it up to return the dirt to the hole. No mess, no bother. Works like a champ.

Upvote 0

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
That seems like a good idea I carry I home made dirt shifter for the holes that might have multiple small items

KRAMER

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dust pan is a good idea. How cumbersome is it to carry along while you're hunting?

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
I think if your wrap some electrical tap on your detection could clip right on. Like the ones that clip on the brooms

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is what I use. Plastic pasta water strainer painted black bought at a grocery store. Has handle to carry along with my heavy duty garden digger. IMG_0284.jpg

OP
OP
GrizLeeBear

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dust pan is a good idea. How cumbersome is it to carry along while you're hunting?

It is plastic, so it is light. I put a hook on my belt and the handle hangs from there. I feel it bumping some, but it is not a bother.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like using a large ZipLock bag. You can fold it and slide it into your back pocket. Also, if you have hard packed ground and you can't get all the dirt back into the hole, you can put the excess dirt inside the bag and carry it to another area to dump.

jason vandiver

Jan 4, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
BH QD II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like go use an old handkerchief to put my dirt from my digs on to..,

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions