ForumRunner_20130126_010205.png

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing here. January thaw a couple weeks ago was just a tease. It cant thaw soon enough for me!

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SAME HERE IN OHIO, LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT GET OUT ON WED. FORCAST FOR 56*!! HEADED YOUR WAY, HH!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, way too cold for me, never did like digging in snow and frozen soil even when I was younger. Older I get less I like it. But I do love the northeast, at least when it is warmer we have the chance to find colonial stuff one can't find in Arizona!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it too.......that's why I don't live there!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup....snow freakin sucks.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow and cold...perfect time of the year to go hiking. Too hot and buggy in the summer.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I know what you mean. The weather here in south Texas is a real mess. It is mid fifties at night and mid eighties by day, but the really bad part is that it is 'partly cloudy'. You know what I mean? I can't be out searching more than seven or eight hours a day. Sigh!

OP
OP
M

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
It's going to be in the 50s Tuesday and Wednesday can't wait for it. Have a new old location

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I know what you mean. The weather here in south Texas is a real mess. It is mid fifties at night and mid eighties by day, but the really bad part is that it is 'partly cloudy'. You know what I mean? I can't be out searching more than seven or eight hours a day. Sigh!

Yesterday, quite insensitively, I posted the above, teasing all those who suffer through long, cold winters. I do truly apologize. This is a self-serving notice to them all. I think they read the post and held a private internet seance to curse my activities. So I went out today for seven hours in an otherwise productive area and found:

2 - Paperclips
14 - small, rusty nails
4 - staples
1 - large piece of bent, twisted iron that looks like half a boat davit (in the desert) (weighs almost half a pound)
7 - .22 casings in short, long and super bee
1 - small bolt with nut attached
1 - fishing rod tip (I am not kidding, just the little metal tip from the end)
3 - tent grommets
7 - tent stakes
1 - 7" spike (Man did that thing give a signal!) (Not R.R. - just a very large nail)
1 - small metal hair berrett
1 - hairpin (Do ladies still wear those?)
1 - small rusted wing nut
countless pull tabs and bottle caps
4 - common Memorial Lincolns
1 - 1998 nickel
two more shades in my sun tan

Ladies and gentlemen of the north. I surrender. I do most humbly and sincerely apologize.

Forgive me?

Lift the curse?

Thanking you in advance.

OP
OP
M

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
Yesterday, quite insensitively, I posted the above, teasing all those who suffer through long, cold winters. I do truly apologize. This is a self-serving notice to them all. I think they read the post and held a private internet seance to curse my activities. So I went out today for seven hours in an otherwise productive area and found:

2 - Paperclips
14 - small, rusty nails
4 - staples
1 - large piece of bent, twisted iron that looks like half a boat davit (in the desert) (weighs almost half a pound)
7 - .22 casings in short, long and super bee
1 - small bolt with nut attached
1 - fishing rod tip (I am not kidding, just the little metal tip from the end)
3 - tent grommets
7 - tent stakes
1 - 7" spike (Man did that thing give a signal!) (Not R.R. - just a very large nail)
1 - small metal hair berrett
1 - hairpin (Do ladies still wear those?)
1 - small rusted wing nut
countless pull tabs and bottle caps
4 - common Memorial Lincolns
1 - 1998 nickel
two more shades in my sun tan

Ladies and gentlemen of the north. I surrender. I do most humbly and sincerely apologize.

Forgive me?

Lift the curse?

Thanking you in advance.

Lol. Curse is lifted. To the best of finds be with you. Just as long as you tell me the good stuff you found. I thought the post was a Lil funny and anyway. What part of TN you from?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, lived in Tennessee for a few years a while back, up in Clarksville, but I'm not from there. I live in an RV full time and I am retired and traveling the country with my Garrett. Right now I am in Texas a bit north of Big Bend N.P. I hope to visit South Dakota, again, this spring and summer.

Thanks for lifting the curse!

OP
OP
M

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
I, lived in Tennessee for a few years a while back, up in Clarksville, but I'm not from there. I live in an RV full time and I am retired and traveling the country with my Garrett. Right now I am in Texas a bit north of Big Bend N.P. I hope to visit South Dakota, again, this spring and summer.

Thanks for lifting the curse!

let me know if you are ever going to be in PA i know GREAT civil war sites

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let me know if you are ever going to be in PA i know GREAT civil war sites

I intend to travel east again to look over some CW Sites in 2014. I was at Olustee Florida before it was a park. I have also scouted some parks outside their boundaries. I organized a hunt at a park in Georgia with ranger's permission with the idea that everything found was turned over. You never saw so many mini balls. Before I travel that way I will invest in some books and maps. I will also get with you. To all who read this who do not believe Spirits can still be heard and felt, spend a night at Gettysburg or Shiloh Cemetery. Shiloh is the most haunting (only word that fits) place I've ever been.

OP
OP
M

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
I intend to travel east again to look over some CW Sites in 2014. I was at Olustee Florida before it was a park. I have also scouted some parks outside their boundaries. I organized a hunt at a park in Georgia with ranger's permission with the idea that everything found was turned over. You never saw so many mini balls. Before I travel that way I will invest in some books and maps. I will also get with you. To all who read this who do not believe Spirits can still be heard and felt, spend a night at Gettysburg or Shiloh Cemetery. Shiloh is the most haunting (only word that fits) place I've ever been.

Yea Gettysburg is crazy did a night hunt there. I was aloud to hunt a 100yards by 100yards plot of land. Found a few buttons and balls. But never been so creepped out

NorthWest Hunter

Dec 21, 2010
Grand Junction, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had snow on the ground and temps ranging from negatives to mid 20's since 2 weeks before xmas here in western colorado waiting for the thaw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread