dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett Propointer does not discriminate....it just makes it easier and faster to locate the object either in the plug or down in the hole.

Go to youtube and you will see how it performs...I have one...and love it...others hate it....some say it is overpriced and it's junk.

I have had mine for two years and we go detecting just about every weekend in the spring, summer, fall and in the winter when we can...mine has never failed.

I did not have one when I first started detecting..I thought that the pinpoint on the machine was all I needed....but now that I have one...I will NEVER go detecting without it

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the SunRay will

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not saying garret only way to go but bought an additional for guests and back up.
They do not discriminate,checking with detector after something is recovered will tell if pinpointer needed again. Biggest benefit is finding multiple targets in or around one plug. especially if a tiny bugger is hiding. course it keeps me on track in hole with deeper items if original pinpointing with detector was a little off.
A habit is to try propointer before cutting plug,if its shallow enough to locate i don,t need to cut as deep.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the pistol probe for the range. As for disc...by the time you get 1" away the hole is dug. Kinda late to discriminate at that point. Once my PP breaks I'm going to make it an indestructable waterproof housing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread