Need an experts opinion

buckandkelly

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
I pulled my parents house up on google earth and think I see something in the woods close by. Do any of you experts see anything? It looks to be some type of structure.

image-2871425902.jpg

Thanks!
Kelly

Upvote 0

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Squatch!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never know, go check it out, but not during hunting season.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about the half circle thing toward the bottom left corner? If so it could be. futher up on that photo looks like a dirt road?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see anything, but you are on the right track using Google Earth as a research tool. It is an excellent way to locate possible metal detecting sites. I found a possible site that way last fall and when I went to investigate it my son found a small clock gear laying on top of the ground. Very promising! I plan to return to the site with my MD in March. As always, get permission if you don't own the land and then go check it out! HH :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might be wrong but.... it looks like a tree. Sorry. GE is a very useful tool. Many times you can't see the forest for the trees. In other words, sometimes you can "see" more from above than at ground level. TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see a straight line defined by the tree tops. Like a straight road below. It starts at the white compass icon at the top right, and goes left at about 45 degrees downward. The second photo shows it better.

Last edited:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimC said:
I can see a straight line defined by the tree tops. Like a straight road below. It starts at the white compass icon at the top right, and goes left at about 45 degrees downward. The second photo shows it better.

Yes, I can see it now. You are right! And if you look close you can see a square that is regrowth from a clear cut. Could be the location is an old homestead. It is in the lower right hand corner and takes up about a third of the image.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to do some foot work. Things look a lot different from satellite than they do on the ground.
I saw a foundation on Google earth but when I got there, it was just nature playing tricks on me.

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does a train run through there?

OP
OP
B

buckandkelly

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
I don't think there were ever train tracks in that part of town, but there were old roads running between plantations in the 1800's.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think there were ever train tracks in that part of town, but there were old roads running between plantations in the 1800's.

Use the 'time slider' early spring when no leaves are out,that is if you live in colder regions.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread