L

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I can try again soon. In a month ill be going under the knife and will basically be off my feet for 3-6 months to fix this bum knee. Im only 38 but I ain't getting no younger either.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, it must be spring where you are. We just had a week of sub-zero temps.

OP
OP
L

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its been mild even by our usual winters which aren't that bad until this week. 3 years ago we had like 3 ft of snow on the ground though. So one week it can be in the 20s and snow and the next week sunny with a high of 70.

OP
OP
L

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But never below 0 though. Coldest I've ever seen in my life was maybe 4-6 degrees. A week below zero... ouch!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are really desperate for a detecting fix and you have snow cover, try your local sledding hills, where targets are mixed in with the snow, rather than in the ground. Likely coins to be found especially at the top of the hill

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Susan MN, great idea! Also look for were plowed snow is dumped, I mean if one is desperate then take advantage of the possibilities of the weather. As you already know, Dress Warm and stay dry. Oh, and be careful of that knee on hill's covered with snow and ice on sidewalks and streets but then again you already know these things.

Have fun detecting! Best of luck with the knee! I've had my left knee operated on two different time and both were successful. My usual summer back pack weight is 85 lbs at the start of a two week trip into wilderness country. Just do what the Doc tells you to do, do the therapy, take good care of it and it will take good care of you..........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions