danrclem

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
In The Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been MDing for about a month and my hunt time is limited because of rain and freeze. My question is when I pinpoint sometimes I get no signal even if there is something there and I can release it and push again and get a signal. Sometimes when I push it I just get a low hum. Is this a faulty pinpoint on the 250 or is that normal for this MD?

I saw a video where a guy let go of the pinpoint button and then pushed it again and it just works for the inside coil. Is that correct.

Thanks,
Danny

Upvote 0

Nockbuster

Jan 24, 2013
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes you have to let up on the button and push it again,that kinda resets it. You can narrow down the area from the size of your coil to just the inner 2" by pinpointing the normal way and getting within your coil,then repress the button and it will pinpoint Even smaller. I think it's called detuning. I'm new at this also but this works. Saw a guy on youtube demonstrate it. I don't have any humming noise on my 250.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most detectors will fail to lock onto a target in the pinpoint mode from time to time for a variety of reasons. If it happens, just turn 90 degrees and try again. If you have a target that just refuses to pin point, sweep the area from at least two directions and figure out the center that way. It's up to you if you want to dig it based on sound and/or VDI reading. Most times it's trash but sometimes it's a gold or silver chain stretched out.....your call.

OP
OP
D

danrclem

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
In The Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I figured it was normal but just wanted to make sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread