cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground in most areas has minerals in it. Ground balancing is the ability of a machine to ignore that mineralization and only beep when there is something different in the ground. Some machines do it better than others. Some are done automatically, others manually, still others, you can choose between the two. It can be a very important feature in some areas with heavy mineralization.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
250 has fixed gb.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 250 has GENERAL, fixed, gb. Garrett has decided, to make its machine "plug and play", so they set the gb for a general value. GB is the trade name for a feature that matches the machine circuitry to the conductivity of the ground under the coil. By doing this, the machine can better "see" the change that occurs when a metal object, under the coil, changes the return signal that was sent out. The change is usually exspressed as a change in sound. This is good for specialized machines, such as "gold detectors". Bad for detectorists that just want results but don't want to be bothered with the "whys". TTC

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground in most areas has minerals in it. Ground balancing is the ability of a machine to ignore that mineralization and only beep when there is something different in the ground. Some machines do it better than others. Some are done automatically, others manually, still others, you can choose between the two. It can be a very important feature in some areas with heavy mineralization.

U got that right. G b. In ny is everything I went from a crappy chinese detector to minelab 305. I couldn't stop grinnin. What a great machine, compared to what I was used to. I love this machine, a little learnin curve though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread