Found an old LOADED Revolver!

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I had put this away and lost it until I found it recently. .25 caliber revolver pistol. When I was cleaning it up I saw a brass casing in the cylinder, and as I was chipping the rusted metal away from the front I saw the bullet and stopped. I said to myself "Whoa - this sucker is loaded." Didn't want to keep banging away on it.

I did a video earlier today where I show it with a bunch of relics I found with my ACE 250:

Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a neat find.. Huh wonder how a loaded gun came to be burried.. I wish it could talk may have an intersting story to tell..

Squid

Sep 4, 2012
SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000/d
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sweet!

Hopefully I wont find one of those anytime soon.
Especially not at the beach, that would get ugly.
-Ty

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty certain the tool handle you showed, octagonal shape with a screw end, is the handle to an old razor, early gillette possibly.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
"Well, a pistol that ain't loaded ain't good fer nothin'."

—John Wayne as Roster Cogburn in True Grit

I agree completely. Back when I kept firearms, they were all loaded. My wife was always complaining about it. One day I asked her one question. Should we wait for the house to catch on fire before we charge the fire extinguishers? No more complaining after that.

Best of luck,
Bill

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
revolvers i dont mind leaving loaded, the springs in your clips will go bad if they are under compression all the time though.

I am actually going to say that i will bet thats a .32 s&w not a .25. to my knowledge .25 didnt come out till about the turn of the last century and im about 90% sure it only came in acp rounds. however, i own 2x 100+ year old 32 s&w revolvers that are very similer in size, and were a common vest gun and womens gun back in the day. Its an awsome find, I'm still waiting on my first revolver to hang on my wall, can you tell if all the cylinders are loaded? Maybe there's just one or two rounds fired ^.^

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread