gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Creeks and rivers and the banks of said creeks and rivers are great places to throw your trash. There are a million good old dumps along creeks and streams and rivers. Which is to say they are all loaded with trash.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
Creeks and rivers and the banks of said creeks and rivers are great places to throw your trash. There are a million good old dumps along creeks and streams and rivers. Which is to say they are all loaded with trash.

Its not as much that people throw trash into creeks and rivers, they do but it washes in more often. If trash washes in then so can some good things.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Its not as much that people throw trash into creeks and rivers, they do but it washes in more often. If trash washes in then so can some good things.
Yes, there are some good things, in the creeks and everywhere actually. The op wanted to know if the creeks were filled with trash. They are not filled with trash of course, that would be silly. But they are heavily littered with the rusted chunks of iron and other metal crap that everyone has been throwing into them for ever. Believe me on this one.

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt by creeks a bit. I check old maps and most creeks have not really changed much going back from the earliest top maps that I have date back to 1904. So it is one place that you can be sure that not much has altered such as fill dirt etc. Its fun but yes trash galore. But no different than your average park. Actually found my first hidden old road yesterday. Rare since most modern roads were built over existing old roads, paths etc.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When cow's become associated with creeks they quickly become crik's. Some awesome finds have been found in and around creeks but one needs to put their coil over the finds or one needs to be walking a creek and be observant to locate good finds. It's actually all the same to have good finds one needs to get out of the house. Best of luck.............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread