GrizLeeBear

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, i finally got my ipod headphones out and took a pic of them. I wear them when walk, running, jogging, biking, hiking and anyting where i am moving. They are made by sony and block out some noise but not all of it. Not aure if sony still makes them but here are the pictures. The have a soft clip thing that goes around the back outside of the ear that can be taken off and not used as i pictured it.

Did these come with an Ipod? Do they still sell Ipods? Most of the Ipod ear buds I've seen are white. Thanks for the pictures. They explain it well.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No griz they ddnt. I found them at Best buy but it looks like they dont make them any longer. Sony makes anorr pair that has like a complete loop that goes around your ear. I tried thise and didnt like em. These worked great for walking, jogging and bike riding.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can easily buy extensions if your earbuds are not long enough without pulling out all the time, shouldn't be much at amazon.com or radioshack.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will call Whites and see what impedance my machine is at.
It is a Whites Goldmaster V/Sat.
No specifications are in my manual.
So, the best head phones, or buds, will match the impedance, right? What if i can only find 30ohms, impedance, but what if I need 8. What will happen?
What about the htz? Does it matter also?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a pair of earphones that covers just some of my ear; I've got a pair that covers the ear completely and keeps most sounds out. Which pair I use depends on the location I'm detecting. I've got an extension. I found some at Dollar Tree for a buck each. I haven't seen them there lately. They had them in 3' and 6' lengths. If they get more, I'm going to buy several more. As far as earbuds, no, I can't seem to keep them in my ears; and don't like the feel. I've bought several pairs of ear and headphones from Amazon and Ebay. I think the most I've paid was less than $10. I've had no problems with them. Most of my 'phones get ruined because I 'loan' them to my son, grandson, and their friends for their gaming. They've had to cough up money for several pair that they ruined! I'm seeing a lot of references to the 'ghost' and other headphones, but haven't used any of them. I've found dimes at least 5" or deeper with cheap headphones that others have passed over with their detectors many times. The more expensive headphones may be worth buying to some. I haven't felt that I need them that much. (I'm a cheap-skate!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread