Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

kdbrich

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found a pair of ear buds that would stay in my ears. I'd like to see if I can find me a decent set of wireless phones.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I use headphones with only one side on,the other kinda flipped up.I can hear my target and my surroundings.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wireless. They are like a dream come true compared to wired phones, especially in the woods!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like earphones. Headphones are too hot and heavy and I can hear just fine with the earphones. The only pain with them is that you need to an adapter jack, which pulls apart on occasion, and the earphones don't have coiled wire so the wire can get in the way. But they are comfy and cheap.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I only wear headphones at the beach. It is noisy there and I have no choice, I use a Surfmaster PI at the beach. Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to try some headphones i recently purchased. If they dont work, i will get an adaptor and use the ear buds that i wear wth my ipod. They fit in the ear but have a part that wraps around the ear to hold it in for exercising. I wear them when walking, running, bike riding and weight lfting. Tey work ao well for those uses, that ilurchased a second pair when my first pair broke.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They connect wirelessly through my V3i natively and are made by Whites. You can buy wireless transmitters that are very small and plug into any 1/4 inch audio jack that you can use on any audio device though.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with bluetooth. It has a delay.
I prefer earbuds. So far the only type I have used in the field are the ones that hang in your earlobe.
They are cheap (under $3 at walmart) so you can try them without worries about breaking the bank on a mistake.
They are tough , I have yanked mine out of my ears several times by kneeling on the wire or getting it caught on a branch. I have yet to break the wire on a pair before I replaced them.
They are 32 Ohm, and are better suited to your detectors audio impedance than the 16 Ohm buds that are more expensive.

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I hear ya' Ism. I switched to ear buds about three months ago, Wal-mart eight bucks or so, and I can't believe they've lasted this long the way I abuse them. Just wish the cord was a little longer!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Ism, 32 ohm buds are only half as loud as 16 ohm buds. Of course you can adjust this with the volume control, but you might miss the faint ones. I think the impedance match on the Whites is 8 ohms. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, you re right, impedance match depends on the detector. However the detector I use recommends 32 Ohm and I should have indicated that. Was just unloading some quick thoughts.
It takes more power to drive the lower impedance phones if used on a detector that recommends high impedance. Many high end detecting phones are around 150 Ohms.

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nasa Tom Forums recommending these a the best deal out there for metal detecting.

Koss QZ99 passive noise canceling head phones

New Koss QZ 99 Technology Stereo Headphone QZ99 10035541 | eBay

For an active noise cancel but I am not sure people use "active" noise cancel in metal detecting, look up the Koss QZ Pro.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apples new earbuds are the most comfortable earbuds I have ever used. They fit perfectly in your ear.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
ISM
It takes more power to drive the lower impedance phones if used on a detector that recommends high impedance. Many high end detecting phones are around 150 Ohms.
Make your own headphones.
Speakers/Earphones used....
Audiosears 2463 150 ohm power input min 35mW (Blackwidows, Killer Bees, Sunray Pro Golds, Jolly Rodgers)
Kobitone 25CE500-RO 600 ohm power input 25mW (Ratphones)
Wiring in series or parallel will make a difference in Sound Pressure Level

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i finally got my ipod headphones out and took a pic of them. I wear them when walk, running, jogging, biking, hiking and anyting where i am moving. They are made by sony and block out some noise but not all of it. Not aure if sony still makes them but here are the pictures. The have a soft clip thing that goes around the back outside of the ear that can be taken off and not used as i pictured it.

Attachments

• image-1116640825.jpg
    image-1116640825.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 180
  • image-448278504.jpg
    image-448278504.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 140

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions