Ground thawed first find

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in central WI we are far from the ground thawing. In a day or two it's going to be below zero again. Please winter go away. lol.....:BangHead:

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rustyman9791 said:
Here in central WI we are far from the ground thawing. In a day or two it's going to be below zero again. Please winter go away. lol.....:BangHead:

The temps are already dropping here. Suppose to go below freezing tomorrow morning late and e rain change to snow. Then down to the single digits.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked in michigan this am, top 2 inches of ground thawed but still frozen underneath. Temp is supposed to drop in the next few hours.

Spring still a ways off.

HH,

Pete

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real sandy in my yard and sister's across the road, could dig 5-6 inches in spots . Got out for a while, few pull tabs 2-Lincolns, some bottle caps, and my first nickle, with new Ace 350. So far lots of pennies, 2-quarters, and 1-nickle. I like this, and have not left the yard yet. Come on Spring!!!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put away the high banker and MD in Oct. for deer hunting season and the holidays. Ran into an old friend at the local archery shop the other day and we started talking treasure hunting. Something neither of us knew the other was into. So while I was trying not to get fired up.....well I'm fired up and it's been in the single digits w 2" of new snow today. How the heck do guys get through the winter. This is my first winter since I started both gold prospecting and MDing. I'm going through withdrawals right now HELP.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first year, and was gonna wait till spring to buy. But I bought around Christmas, and got about 20- 30 hours in, with a couple short thaws. Now i am really ready to go,feel I got a little head start, on the learning prossess. At least when the ground thaws, I am confident I can and have found coins already. Come on Spring

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper1841 said:
This is my first year, and was gonna wait till spring to buy. But I bought around Christmas, and got about 20- 30 hours in, with a couple short thaws. Now i am really ready to go,feel I got a little head start, on the learning prossess. At least when the ground thaws, I am confident I can and have found coins already. Come on Spring

Temp rolllercoaste here lately but with snow but it hasnt gone above freezing. At least I am getting all the new equipment together.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at the Delaware beach Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Thursday was ok. Friday it snowed and the wind blew sideways, so I left early. Ground frozen but got a few tidbits and a broken colonial shoe buckle. Saturday was warmer (36 degrees) but with no wind, and found over 50 small shipwreck pieces, mainly small pieces of ships brass and some of the hand forged copper nails used to holding it onto the ship and a piece of a modern silver chain and modern small silver ring, 3 colonial buttons which were the best finds besides the buckle. Used the sand scoop to chisel through the semi frozen sand on occasion. Just call me stubborn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread